Monday, August 11, 2008

I had Luna Bars for snacks at work today plus a Grande Soy Latte. I actually had an Iced Oatmeal Raisin one too but I must have erased the picture...opps! They were both delicious! My favorite is still Chai Tea but these are definitely great also. I like the tea cake because it was like a healthy brownie! And the Oatmeal Raisin was good because it was chewy/crunchy. And I definitely liked breaking up my afternoon into snacks instead of a meal because I didn't feel as hungry!
After work I went to the gym and did the elliptical and then ran. It felt SOOO good to run(jog) and it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be. I ended up running a mile faster than I thought...I warmed up with a minute or two of walking at 3.5 then ran half a mile at 5.0 then ran about a minute at 7.0 then 30secs at 6.5 then maybe 2 more minutes at 5.0 and ramped it up to 6.0 then sprinted the last .05 miles at 7.0. It ended up being about 12 minutes which was better than I thought but I guess that's about right when I usually jog a mile at 5.0. Not great but better than 15 minutes eh?
This stuff was DELICIOUS. I never liked BBQ when I was omni so I was kind of surprised I liked it so much. As you can see in the picture above this one I had it on a yam with an Ezekiel muffin and salsa plus a glass of low sodium V8 and mint tea. Definitely satisfying!
Some of my books. This is where all my money went this summer. I've probably spent about a quarter of my work money on books! Right now I'm reading The Omnivore's Dilemma. I just finished Breaking Dawn and I'm trying to finish up the Gossip Girl Series(so stupid but I love the books and the show!)I really like The Omnivore's Dilemma because its very informational! I really like non-fiction.
I had more fruit than this but I ate some of this before I took a picture. I also had a carrot. The fruit was pineapple, watermelon, green grapes, cherries, strawberries, cantaloupe...YUM

No comments: